The KUBUS has been build in 2009 based on the design of the architects Pfeiffer, Ellermann and Preckel, in the ruins of the "Haus Weitmar" which was destroyed during the second World War.
The KUBUS now has a total area of 1200sqm on four floors and is used as an art exhibition space and space for cultural and scientific events; furthermore, it includes office space, storage space with a frame- and restaurating workshop, a small bistro, as well as three modern non-smoking apartments for guest researchers of RUB.
An apartment can be rented for a complete calender month up to a maximum of twelve months. Due to organisational reasons, moving in is not possible before the 3rd day of the first rental month. Reservations can be made by your guest department only.
Please use the Accommodation Request Form for enquiries.
Please use for an inquiry the Accomodation Request Form.
Number & size of the apartments
- 1 x One-Room-Apartment with approx. 50,65 sqm
- 2 x One-Room-Apartment with approx. 43,70 sqm
- Each apartment is furnished and equipped with a kitchenette with all neccessary implements for everyday use
- Bed linen and towels are provided
- Washing machines/dryers are in the basement (you have to pay a fee)
- with TV, telephone and internet access (no WLAN available)
- opened in may 2010
Fotos: © RUB, Foto:Frau Nelle