Woman on bridge

Student Card and Semester Ticket

During the personal enrolment you will receive your student card which has different functions. It is your ID card at RUB with which you can receive various price reductions (for example in the mensa, in museums and other institutions). You can also use it for RUBICon, a platform which enables you to do certain organizational things such as change of address, re-registration, to print the NRW-ticket and certificates of enrolment etc. and to get access to Campus-Office. It is also your library card with which you can borrow books at the university library (UB) and the institutional libraries. Furthermore your student card has the following functions:

Ticket for VRR and NRW

Your student card is valid as a ticket for the public transport in the VRR-region:

As soon as you have paid the social contribution fee you can also print your NRW-Ticket – either with RUBICon at one of the computer terminals on campus or online via this link:

Both tickets are valid in all buses, metros (U-Bahn), trams, interurban trains (S-Bahn) and regional trains (RE/RB) in the specific regions. On the right side , you’ll find an information sheet with all the details about the two tickets for download. The tickets are valid from 1st of April until 30th of September for the summer- semester and from 1st of October until 31st of March for the wintersemester.

Payment function

Your student ID contains a chip on which you can out money to pay for different services at the university.

You can use your card for Food and drinks in the mensa and the cafeterias and for the washing machines and dryers in the AkaFö-dormitories.

Just put money on the chipcard in the mensa (at the pay desks and at the machines in the foyer), in Q-West and in the cafeterias:

You can also use the printers and copiers in the library and in the copyshop of the printing centre (Druckzentrum, SSC 01/219).

To use this function, you can put money on the chipcard at the copyshop of the printing centre:

RUBiss Logo


Infosheet semesterticket   (2.4 MB)

Good to know

Have you lost your student card? Ask at the lost property office at Infopoint (UV) or you can make a new ID card at the registrar's office in SSC 0/229.



Theodoros Markakidis

RUBiss Newsletter


Like us on Facebook!