Ruhr-Universität Bochum's (RUB) internationalisation strategy was introduced on 10 August 2010.
An impressing document has been put together after many meetings with students, doctoral candidates, researchers and members of staff at RUB. This document conveys RUB's commitment to cosmopolitanism and its membership in the global community of researchers and students. RUB would like to use the potential found in its large number of international members and activities to its advantage, and work towards attaining an integrated internationality. Internationalisation is a transversal task, established across the entire campus, and its implementation is therefore accepted, realised and experienced by all of RUB's members.
The following webpages will provide you with information about the details and implementation of the internationalisation strategy and you can also download the strategy paper.
You can collect a hard copy of the strategy paper from the International Office if you wish.
The following list provides you with an overview of some of the measures which have been put into force since the introduction of the internationalisation strategy:
- Launch of ConRuhr Latin America in Rio de Janeiro und São Paolo
- Rectorate's award scheme for the recruitment of scholarship holders and prize winners from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, and those receiving ERC Grants
- Establishment of eight new master's degree programmes taught in English, partly funded by the strategic development programme "Master 2.0"
- Establishment of new exchange programmes with universities in countries such as Brazil, Korea, Indonesia, the USA and Canada
- Development of an "international portal" on RUB's homepage
- Appointment of international pilots in all administrative departments and offices
- English version of the university's newspaper "RUBENS" called "RUBENS International"
- Introduction of an integrated online application tool for prospecitve German and international students
- Since 2010 participation in the "International Student Barometer", an international survey amongst international students, and adjustment of services according to the results
- Creation of a Vice-Rectorate responsible for early career researchers and international affairs from 2010 till 2012
- Creation of the Internationalisation Workgroup to advise the Rector on matters of internationalisation
- Strategic development programme "RUB International" for the promotion of innovative international projects