Welcome Centre for Hosts
The Welcome Centre is an information centre for internationally mobile researchers at Ruhr-Universität Bochum. We offer help and counselling to foreign researchers coming to the RUB as well as support to their host faculties. By providing you with various consulting and assisting opportunities concerning formalities and the life in Bochum / Germany, we hope to give your guests the best assistance possible during their stay in Bochum. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- General counselling and support
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Counselling in legal matters
- Counselling employment contracts
- Counselling family
- International Lounge
- German language courses
- Guest researchers' Database and International Researchers' Gallery
- Guide for International researchers
- And much more
Appointment by arrangement.
If your guests need assistance dealing with formalities or would like someone to accompany them to the various authorities you as their host can call on our team of student tutors who will be pleased to help your guest. The tutor service includes:
- assistance in dealing with the officials at the foreigners' office/ Resident Registration Office
- assistance in opening a german bank account
- assistance in taking out an health insurance policy
For appointments please contact Ms. Alexandra Redel, counsellor for guest researchers (phone: +49 (0)234 / 32-25408). Please contact us as early as possible.