Welcome Centre for Hosts
The Welcome Centre is an information centre for internationally mobile researchers at Ruhr-Universität Bochum. We offer help and advice to foreign researchers coming to the RUB as well as support to their host faculties. By providing you with various consulting and assisting opportunities concerning formalities and the life in Bochum / Germany, we hope to give your guests the best assistance possible during their stay in Bochum. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- General advisory and support
- Information on legal matters
- Advisory family
- International Lounge
- German language courses
- Guest researchers' Database
- Guide for International researchers
- And much more
Appointment by arrangement.
If your guests need assistance dealing with formalities or would like someone to accompany them to the various authorities you as their host can call on our team of student staff who will be pleased to help your guest. The service includes:
- assistance in dealing with the officials at the foreigners' office/ Resident Registration Office
- assistance in opening a german bank account
- assistance in taking out an health insurance policy
For appointments please use our contact form: www.rub.de/welcome-appointments. Please contact us as early as possible.